What is Pustakgadi
Pustakgadi is a Mobile Active Library programme for students of Ashram schools from grade 1 to 7 to give them exposure to children’s literature. A van with books, computer and LCD projector goes from school to school. Pustakgadi has 1000 titles of children’s books, with 5 copies of each book. The books are from different publications such as Jyotsna Prakashan, Mehta publishing House, Pratham Books, Tulika Prakashan, Eklavya Prakashan, National Book Trust, Children’s Book Trust, CLRM etc. These books are graded.
Objectives of the programme:
- To provide access to Children’s Literature to children in Ashram Schools
- To conduct library activities by trained Library Educators
- To encourage Teachers to expand their reading and help children engage with books
- To make multimedia accessible to children on a periodic basis
Salient Features of the Programme:
- Access to 5000+ graded books
- 40 graded Lesson Plans - Activity Plans
- Focus on different genres of books (Fiction, non-fiction, information based, novels etc.)
- Rigorous testing tool for impact evaluation
- Collection of 30 children’s movies
Pustakgadi Programme covers 10 Ashram schools from 4 blocks in Palghar district.
|Ashram School||Taluka (Block)|
Supporter and Partners:
Pustakgadi project is supported and financed by Tribal Development Department, Jawhar; with implementation and technical support by QUEST.